Advanced Skin Tightening Pre/Post Care
Pre Care LST
- Avoid the sun for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your laser treatment. Sun-exposed skin is more susceptible to injury during laser treatments. PLEASE NOTE: Recently tanned skin CANNOT be treated due to risk of burns and/or hypopigmentation.
- Avoid all topical medications to the treated area for one week prior to your appointment.
- Discontinue use of self-tanning products 2 weeks prior to your appointment. All residual self-tanner must be removed.
- Discontinue use of any antibiotics at least one week prior to your treatment. Let your provider know if you are taking any prescription medications.
- Wear a daily sunblock (SPF 30+) at all times. Avoid all sun exposure to reduce the chances of hyperpigmentation.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area and avoid products that cause irritation. Do not use abrasive scrubs, toners or products that contain alpha- or beta- hydroxy acids, or retinoids (ie. Tretinoin, Retin-A, Tazorac, Differin, Renova)
- Treat your skin with care when washing for 24 hours. Use lukewarm water and gentle products.
WHAT YOU MIGHT FEEL
Immediately after treatment, you may feel like you have a sunburn. You may experience some erythema (redness) and/or swelling (edema), which may last up to 2 hours or more. Although not likely, the redness could last up to 2-3 days.