DERMAPLANE PRE/POST CARE
Pre Care DERMAPLANE
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use harsh exfoliants for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retinoids (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Over-the-counter Retinol, tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, consider beginning prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to Aqua Facial. Botox and fillers injected up to 2 weeks prior is not recommended.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Dermaplaning is contraindicated for those with active infection of all types, such as herpes simplex virus or flat warts.
Post Care DERMAPLANE
- Discontinue use of AHA/BHA and retinoids following your treatment for approximately 3 days.
- Do not use harsh scrubs or abrasive products.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and wear an SPF 30 sunscreen daily.
- Avoid vigorous activity, hot heat, hot showers, and perspiration.
- Avoid swimming or putting face under water for 48 hours.
- Do not take long hot showers or put face under a hot stream of water.
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid surfaces that could irritate your skin i.e. (pillows, beards, collared shirts).
- Do not pick or prematurely peel the skin, as this will cause hyper pigmentation and/or surface scars. Return to the office as directed by provider or sooner with any complications.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 512.766.9396.