DERMAPLANE PRE/POST CARE
Pre Care DERMAPLANE
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use harsh exfoliants for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retinoids (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Over-the-counter Retinol, tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, consider beginning prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to Aqua Facial. Botox and fillers injected up to 2 weeks prior is not recommended.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Dermaplaning is contraindicated for those with active infection of all types, such as herpes simplex virus or flat warts.
Post Care DERMAPLANE
- Discontinue use of AHA/BHA and retinoids following your treatment for approximately 3 days.
- Do not use harsh scrubs or abrasive products.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and wear an SPF 30 sunscreen daily.
- Avoid vigorous activity, hot heat, hot showers, and perspiration.
- Avoid swimming or putting face under water for 48 hours.
- Do not take long hot showers or put face under a hot stream of water.
- Avoid excessive alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid surfaces that could irritate your skin i.e. (pillows, beards, collared shirts).
- Do not pick or prematurely peel the skin, as this will cause hyper pigmentation and/or surface scars. Return to the office as directed by provider or sooner with any complications.